TE Connectivity unveils its zSFP+ pluggable I/O interconnects, the company’s new line of high-speed connectors and cages. Designed to transfer data at 28 Gbps, with potential for upgrade to 40 Gbps, the new zSFP+ product line is currently one of the fastest single-channel I/O connectors available on the market today.
HARRISBURG, P.A. – October 3, 2013 – TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL), a world leader in connectivity solutions, today unveiled its zSFP+ pluggable I/O interconnects, the company’s new line of high-speed connectors and cages. Designed to transfer data at 28 Gbps, with potential for upgrade to 40 Gbps, the new zSFP+ product line is currently one of the fastest single-channel I/O connectors available on the market today.
TE’s zSFP+ interconnects are part of the company’s 28 Gbps product portfolio that is expanding steadily to cover all connectivity requirements of communication systems – routers, servers, switches etc. From the front panel of a system to its backplane, TE is offering 28 Gbps interconnects to help OEM/ODM designers re-architect the data center.
“The zSFP+ connector is just the start of the 28 Gbps revolution,” said TE Global Product Manager Melissa Knox. “We expect that the next wave of data centers will be built around 28 Gbps interconnects to keep up with the world’s increasing data consumption. Our zSFP+ interconnects will allow customers to design-in a connector that performs at today’s 10-16 Gbps speeds, but that has an upgrade path to higher speeds of 28 Gbps. Essentially, the product serves the market needs of today and tomorrow.”
The zSFP+ pluggable I/O interconnect is offered as a dual source with Molex Incorporated, a global supplier of connectors and interconnect components, covering the zSFP+ product families. Both companies will manufacture, market and sell interchangeable zSFP+ products to provide a dual source to the global market.
TE’s portfolio of zSFP+ interconnects is used for a broad range of equipment in networking, data center and wireless infrastructure environments. Product specifications include:
· Fastest single-channel data rate available on the market today; currently rated to 28 Gbps with the ability to upgrade to 40 Gbps;
· Compliant to SFF-8402 and adopted for Fibre Channel 32G (28.05 Gbps line rate)
· Backward compatibility with previous generations of connectors – the zSFP+ connector can easily serve as a replacement for existing SFP and SFP+ connectors;
· Offers customers more electrical margin to meet tight design requirements;
· Preserved signal integrity through enhanced electromagnetic interference emission (EMI) containment;
· Complementary to other high-speed design platforms, such as copper cable assemblies, active fiber products, passive fiber cable assemblies and high-speed backplane interconnects.
Visit www.te.com/products/zsfp+go for more information about TE zSFP+ interconnects.